Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What we really wanted to call this was "God Hates Fags"

So, "Farewell Monster Island" began their rehearsal process on Saturday morning over at Second City. If John's cast is filled with seasoned vets and Dunbar's is filled with hopeful newbees, my guys have been around long enough that they'll cut their grandmas in the parking lot for a paid gig. I'm looking at you Steve Konet, Emily Walker, Greg Callozzo, Jack Farrell, Jess Bettini, Andrew Kraft and Mal Merpi!

I'm proud to call these folks my cast.

I casted this show under the formula that everyone had a certain level of experience and all knew at least one person in the cast (that was not me). This created a sort of instant group dynamic and allowed us to hit the ground running. We're doing a modified improv to product process, which seems to be going well. I'm happy to say that we've got 4 sketches already blocked...including our favorite "God Hates Fags."

Oh relax...it's a thoughtful "What if..." regarding what would happen if God showed up at a Westboro Baptist protest.

And if my weeks are any proof of it, Joe is obsessed with mortality, relationships and scenes under five pages long. If you're epileptic, you're gonna love our show! Lights up/Lights down/Lights up/Lights down

No comments:

Post a Comment